I don't like funerals. I know they are part and parcel of life, I do attend them out of respect to the dead and courtesy to the living but I don't like them. I have had thoughts over the last few monthS that there will be more of them, more familiar older people passing as time and age gets on. It is a natural rite of life, as leaves wilt and flowers fade and and yet we have to mourn and grieve. But for the old who have lived and can do little more I can't really mourn as think of their relief as release and a moving on. Harder of course when death comes unexpected especially to the young. Funerals force you to deal with loss up close and personal. The 'missing' is more prominent than the life they filled. It's easier from experience, if that someone was far away in another country, their memory lives on more than the fact that they are gone. No delusions, just that distance keeps the living memories closer.
Why couldn't they time the movies to launch during the June holidays. After the Pirates of the Caribbean, X Men just barely made it, then followed after the hols by the Green Lantern, then the Transformers and now Harry Porter.... that's literally $50+ bugs per movie in a series of weeks.. do the math..... Well the kids are in movie heaven at the moment. What happens when the frenzy(cinema) dies down.... .withdrawal ??.. (enough already... .. back to the books with you) I thought X Men Classic was excellent in portrayal. Then after I was asking the question, why do they create movies in a backward sequence these days.. jump into the middle like for Star Wars, Star Trek, Batman. I'm glad Lord of the Rings was shown in the right sequence. Is it perhaps true that we would not be as interested to see the origins until we have seen the middle of the story? Did I catch them in 3D , nah.. I think it's overrated if there aren't really that many special effects. Wh...
Call it birthday blues.., I started to think about maturing. I don’t feel mature or old for my age. Of course you are only as old as you feel. And anyway you are only old if you are 70 and above these days. (sorry dad don’t take offence if you read this). I have to act it because of the kids but inside I don’t always feel 'adult', except when the bones and joints remind me otherwise. Feels more like a cloak of responsibility not so much as my skin. I wear it more often than I would like to, it comes with duty and having kids. So what does that mean Dr Freud,... perhaps I didn’t sufficiently experience my immaturity in the immature phase of life and therefore long for it. !!! I do have the urge to stick my tongue out at persons who seem lame and annoyingly ‘dumb’ , I have the urge to eat fries for lunch out of the blue or gobble down a pack of M&Ms and at times I dream about dropping the cares and worries and dropping out of the rat race to enjoy doing noth...
Comments