The First Communion Card

This was spur of the moment inspired for my niece. I had not stocked up on religious stamps apart from Christmas ones and well, occasions are ad hoc and so we don't always want to buy something that would hardly be used.  I got my Alx to draw a chalice, cos I figured her free hand drawing would top mine any day. Ran an embossing pen along the borders and lines and used Hero Arts Gold embossing powder to raise the glitz with some glitter glue on the corners. And well I bought a couple of embellishments which popped in front of my face at the strangest place and time - the Bookshop.

The cross and the praying hands are actually hand sewn pieces that are meant to be ironed on to clothes. These were very appropriate for what I needed to add on.

I had created the card originally without these two embellishments and I felt that the essence of the occasion ('holy-ness') was missing and so that is how it all came together.

The big embossing die (background) is from Sizzix  (simple and yet classic I thought), add a dash of white glimmer and a touch of green glimmer chalk and a bit of blue for the swallows. I had originally thought to leave it all white, but then possibly an adult might appreciate that but not a child.
The 'host' is a circle punch out from my old Carla Craft punches and the letters from Quickkutz dies. Add a light green paper background for little border and green inked leaf stamps all around.


The lighting is terrible. my apologies.

 The final touch of course was to add a prayer inside the card.

Comments

Rosanne said…
Very pretty Helen!
Hope said…
yes...very pretty indeed!

thank you for your visit to my blog
Vaisakhi said…
very cute....u r very talented..:)

Popular posts from this blog

Talking about pressure

Time to regroup.