So true... about the simple pleasures

To quote Catherine (the Sculptor artist) in Susan Mallery's book "Only His' ... Traditional crafts provide a creative outlet for women. As our society increases our connection with technology, we risk losing the simple pleasures that bring beauty to our lives'.

As I read,  I thought, is this why some of us are drawn to creating our own little works of art. Every time I give away one of my own self-created cards, I wonder will the receiver appreciate it as I would a personalized handmade craft

A friend who introduced me to the craft, recently unearth some of my earlier cards (made for her and her daughter) before I dug my heels into rubber stamping ... and I think to myself, they are simple and uniquely mine... These were from the days before the advent of the camera phone and common scanners. Thank you friend.

For little Chloe...Wish upon a Star

teacups & roses


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Talking about pressure

Time to regroup.